Did you know today starts the advent season? 😮You’ve probably heard the word but do you know what it actually is?
Advent means “waiting” in Latin. It’s a time to focus on the expectation of Jesus coming to the world. 🌟💚
I have done various things the past few years to prepare room for God in my heart and life in this season. That line —“let every heart prepare Him room”—from Joy to the World stood out to me last night. How am I preparing room for Him?
For me and my family, advent is a time to prepare room for Him. 👏 It’s time to pause and take some time to focus on why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. 🎄
If you’ve never celebrated Advent before, why don’t you choose one1️⃣ idea to implement this season? And let me just say, you don’t have to do it perfectly.🚫 I know for us we will not read something every day. But the point is turning our attention to God this season.👆🏾
💡A few simple ideas are below!
- God With Us: A Family Advent Celebration
- Jesus Storybook Bible (Printable Advent Cards)
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift
- The Wonder of the Greatest Gift – An Interactive Family Celebration of Advent
- Be Merry: How To Advent Without Losing Your Mind
- The Shepherd on the Search Activity Set
- Jesse Tree
- Or create your own idea! As long as you find a way to turn the focus on Jesus’ birth, whether it’s daily or weekly, it is “Advent.” Share your own ideas in the comments! We’d LOVE to hear them!